Tuesday, June 21, 2011

What do you look for in a politician?

My Grandmother sent me this picture in an email.  One of those chain mail email type things so I don't really know who to give credit to but apparently some citizen felt so strongly about his or her dislike for President Obama that they put their hard earned buckaroos behind it.  Maybe they figured it wasn't such a splurge after all once they  figured up the value of their dollars spent after inflation.  Or maybe they considered it an investment in their future.  Spend the money now, hope people get the point and your financial future might not be as grim after 2012.  Regardless, I found it amusing and thought you might too.
But what I really wanted to talk about today is, what do you look for in a politician?  With so many people announcing their candidacy, I am curious to know, what do you look for, and of course, what if any are deal breakers for you?

My list:

Trustworthy
Well Respected
Successful
Proven Leadership
Consistent
Someone who is not afraid to take a stand
Patriot
Someone who believes in a government that is big enough to offer national security, etc., but small enough to leave us alone!

Don't be so naive to think that there aren't candidates who could win with these qualities.  For me a career politician would not be a deal breaker but I would rather see someone like Herman Cain come in who has been successful in other areas with proven leadership abilities.  If they have the right values and moral fiber, lack of political experience isn't as big of a deal.  The keys to success are the same, no matter what you are pursuing.

No comments:

Post a Comment